After removing the table, Virtues Oscar and Angelina sat down to eat in the kitchen. As usual, Angelines thanked God for the food they would enjoy, and all three crossed themselves and took the spoon to give a good account of soup that called its aroma.
- Virtues, is now a good time to tell me what you planned. - He said Oscar serene.
- Me? Anything planned?
- Do not play the naive, and I'm big boy to know that when a woman makes angel face is that any idea on his mind. - Said the old man with a knowing look on his wife.
- daughter speak without fear! - Said Angelina.
- right! But do not be angry with me. I feel so sorry these puppies, I remind my brothers and me when we were kids. When my father left us we are left with nothing to take to the mouth.
- Ya! You can tell by the way we view food every day. - Added the old man with a slight smile to remove tension.
- Old fool! I do not understand how can you be so insensitive, the girl tells an important part of your life and you take it lightly. - Said Angelina outraged.
- I just wanted to stop be put to mourn. I ... I'm sorry.
- Do not worry, it's actually something that I thought had passed, but see them as helpless ...
- Al grain girl! - Exclaimed the butler impatient with the soup, which tapped the spoon to Virtues saw it was empty and wanted to repeat.
- What makes you impatient with this food! One day we were going to cause an upset! Look! That is not to lie I rope in the house of the hanged, but a neighbor of my aunt Gumi ...
- that fills my plate! To see when you going to know that I care a damn about your aunt, your aunt's neighbors and if your house has mice or cockroaches! - Oscar shouted in a tone exacerbated by the lack of soup, blood fat and the endless chatter of Virtues.
The two women were silent and Virtues soup filled to the edge, but a gesture made her rethink Angelines, got the wooden spoon in the dish to serve not filled to the edge: "A dish served at the top is unworthy of a refined and elegant house " recalled the words of Oscar.
- Now that is quiet, tell us what you plan to do with the litter .- He said the cook. Said as he pulled out of the oven cook a piece of tape back shredded, prepared with lard, thyme, rosemary and some garlic cloves.
- There's a place in this house ever roam the gentlemen, - paused to see the faces of the two old men who seemed to understand where I wanted to reach - it is the Room on the third floor, that is, you nobody enters, it would be perfect to stick to the dogs but neither Mrs. nor Mr. be realized.
- Are you crazy? - Said both together.
- Exactly my mother told me every time I had an idea.
- And he was right! This room is sealed nine years, and I entered it. - He said Oscar.
- more reason to put it to good use. In my time here, I've only come to the door to sweep the stairs and these puppies need a shelter.
- is impossible! - Shouted the old butler.
- I do not look so difficult. - Protested Virtues.
servants The couple looked very serious, for some reason that she did not know, talk about the room on the third floor was taboo. Virtues recalled that when he had a few days at home, turned the doorknob to enter the room to clean, but could not because it was locked. He went to ask the key to the butler and he, with his face twisted, she said she never occurred to him to enter that room, to forget about their existence and of course, no mention of the lady. From that day on, every time he passed the door of the room, stood a few seconds in silence, in an attempt to find out what would inside, perhaps expecting to hear something or feel some movement, but never noticed nothing unusual.
- Oscar Like I said, no one has entered Anna's room for years. - Said the cook as he took some oranges for dessert and Oscar began the ritual of lighting his cigar.
- If the room is Ana ... - the maid started to say before being interrupted by the cook.
- Women! Know ye not keep a secret! I always take time for releasing the first right! Bring the dog into the room on the third floor.
The old butler, after giving a good drag on his cigar that had just lit, ailing walked to a cabinet where they kept all the keys of the house since before he arrived. He opened it carefully, almost with fear that eventually gave the hinges and broke. He looked inside and pulled inside the newer key.
- Take care that you do not see Mrs. or Miss Ana! - He warned very seriously to make delivery of the key.
- If your bedroom! How could I tell you? - Protested Virtues.
- is not your bedroom, Miss Ana never know of the existence of what is inside the room on the third floor.
0 comments:
Post a Comment